Image Map

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

So, What is the Dinner Situation?

Nothing used to be more annoying to me then getting a phone call or a tap on the shoulder from my husband followed by this sentence, "So, what is the dinner situation?". I do the cooking around the house and the majority of the grocery shopping. As a result, I typically have a fair idea of what everyone in this house will eat on a daily basis. But being asked that question by my husband immediately put me on edge. I would frequently tell him, then proceed to have an imaginary argument in my head. "I don't know, you have two hands, two eyes, and an ability to handle a spatula. You figure it out."

In an effort to ease to imaginary tension revolving around dinner, I started posting the weekly menu on the fridge. This little $1 goody from Target has lasted for 2 years and been a big help. Sure there are days when we have Costco pizza instead of the designated veggie omelets. But having a foundation plan for the week helps me grocery shop, prepare meals ahead of time, and assist my husband in maintaining his head. So I don't bite it off.

Here is what we are having this week:
Wednesday:
Healthy taco crunch wraps with black bean dip and salsa brown rice
Dessert: Soft set cherry cheesecake

Thursday:
Homemade stuffed crust pizza with veggies and turkey pepperoni
Dessert: none - health skip night

Friday:
Souplantation (taking the kids to a late afternoon dr's appt.)

Saturday:
Baked veggie and turkey bacon sandwiches with sweet potato fries
Dessert: Tiramasu

Sunday:
Crockpot Italian chicken served over whole wheat spaghetti
Dessert: Tiramasu

Monday:
Crock pot french dip sandwiches with au jus and roasted squash
Dessert: Health night skip

Tuesday:
Leftovers
Dessert: Black bean peanut butter brownies

There you have it. I try to make every meal healthier, even if it isn't the healthiest. And for the most part it is fun and tasty!

No comments:

Post a Comment